I’ve been mulling this idea over in my head for a few weeks, now and now I think it’s time to start it. I’m starting a series of posts on various managed WordPress offerings and my impressions of them. Since I run a WordPress site by hand, I believe it’ll allow me to have a fair point of view when it comes to transitioning to a managed service.
What I’ll be looking for is a roughly the following:
- Signup Process. How easy was it to sign up for the service?
- Migration. How much time would it take to migrate a site and if it costs more, how much extra?
- Launching. How easy it is to go live from the time the account becomes active?
- Extra Features. Are things like SSL and CDNs included? Are they limited to certain plans?
- Price Point. How much would it cost to get into the service?
- Free Trials. This is a big one for a lot of people. Does the service have a free trial that can be exercised?
Here’s a list of the services I plan on going over in the next month or so:
If you have any other services you’d like to see covered, please let me know in the comments below.